We specialize in a broad range of classic finishes, painted finishes and glazes. Our multi-step, finish process uses penetrating stains, hand-sanded sealer, and protective catalyzed top coat to produce a premium finished surface, hard and long-lasting.
- Hardwoods used in the manufacture of Kabinart's doors, drawer fronts, and face frames are selected from the finest oak, maple, and cherry available.
- Parts are sanded with a four-step process to provide a consistently smooth surface absent of any cross grain sanding.
- Each part is thoroughly cleaned of all dust particles and inspected prior to the start of the finish application.
- The first coat of custom-formulated vinyl primer is applied under high pressure to seal the open grain of the wood.
- Parts are air-dried in preparation for the second primer coat.
- A second custom formulated vinyl primer coat is applied to deepen color and ensure complete coverage.
- Following the second primer coat, parts are oven-dried to begin the hardened, baked-on process of the specialty painted finish.
- Surfaces are hand-sanded with extra fine sandpaper, wiped clean of dust particles, and inspected for quality.
- A third coat of specially formulated pigmented enamel is pressure-applied to complete the color application phase of the premium finish process.
- A coat of durable catalyzed sealer is applied to all surfaces under high pressure.
- Parts are oven-cured to activate catalyst, providing a durable baked-on finish.
- Surfaces are again hand-sanded, cleaned, and inspected prior to the final finish coat.
- The final catalyzed topcoat is applied to all surfaces and receives its final trip through the ovens to complete the strong, hardened, premium, catalyzed finish.
- Parts receive their final inspection and are hand-polished prior to completion of cabinet assembly.